KARUCO AG TAG - 2013 - SUMMARY of TRIP


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
February 3rd 2013
Published: February 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Summary of KARUCO Progress

Good flight from Uganda to Amsterdam with some time to reflect on the progress of Educate Tanzania with the KARUCO project.

GOALS: The goal was to bring 2 professors from the University of Minnesota College of Agriculture and the Provost of EARTH (Ag) University in Costa Rica to see for themselves the needs of the people of Karagwe, and to write curriculum for the KARUCO Ag program. A second goal was to bring Daniel Sherrard from EARTH to see the needs of Karagwe, contribute to curriculum development, and to provide direction and counsel based upon his 20-year history of success at EARTH University. We achieved our goals and got some bonuses to boot.

Completed:

3 - year Curriculum Framework (discussed with KARUCO Task Force - informal approval)

Course Listings for Program (discussed with KARUCO Task Force - informal approval).
Course Descriptions - In the works and completed by Feb 28 (U of MN).

Syllabi - in the works and completed by March 31 (U of MN).

Implementation Plan - In the works and completed by DATE TBD.

Daniel provided a list of thought-out recommendations, discussed those with Dr. Bagonza,
Fearless Leaders of KARUCOFearless Leaders of KARUCOFearless Leaders of KARUCO

Drs Bagonza (l) and Katabaro (r)
Dr. Katabaro and the General Secretary in addition to vision casting at every turn.

Student profile, teacher profile, enrollment numbers, need for staff housing, building adjustments to accommodate learning, funding, role of government, and many other issues were discussed and advanced. Brighton took copious notes and is very adept at remembering specifics. Just the same - still lots to do. I was told repeatedly that just a few years ago, the people of Karagwe knew KARUCO was a good idea however they were uncertain about whether or not it would happen. But now, they can see it will actually happen. Hope is in the air.

I will be in the air too in a few hours. Minnesota - here I come. Hopefully I can bring the 80 degree F temps with me. Meanwhile, enjoy a few random photos.

See you soon.

(Scroll down for more photos.)

Take me to the Educate Tanzania website:www.educatetanzania.org


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ClassroomClassroom
Classroom

Educate Tanzania is proud to have made this possible
Visit to the Building SiteVisit to the Building Site
Visit to the Building Site

Dr. Bagonza and Fortunatas, Curriculum Member
Checking ShotsChecking Shots
Checking Shots

Ashley from AshMill Photography telling the story
ClassroomClassroom
Classroom

Awaiting KARUCO students
VerandaVeranda
Veranda

Imagine KARUCO students here
Amsterdam Amsterdam
Amsterdam

Heading Home


Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb