moving back to Holland


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
September 1st 2011
Published: September 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our days of running around Europe are coming to an end. We went to the last breakfast table in Germany. That also did not pass without an incident. While enjoying the food we saw people coming back with boiled eggs. Now we had this once before, that we could not find where they were. I went on a discovery tour to see where they were this time and yes hidden under a chook made from cloth I found a basket with hard boiled eggs. Now we missed on those yesterday, at least we could enjoy them today. Packed the luggage in the car was a minor with an elevator at your service. The sun was shinning when we left Boppard direction Bonn and Arnhem. A real pleasure to drive for a little while along the Rhine but that went over to Autobahns that took us in no time to the Border, that is not there any more. Just inside Holland the skies opened up and a curtain of water was coming down. Traffic really slowed down a lot, you could not see much in front of you. We wanted to go via Houten to Amsterdam to visit Hannie. The sister of a good friend of us in Adelaide. It was just hoping that she would be home and lucky enough,she was. Very nice to see her and talk to her for a while. It was like a a small piece of Adelaide came back to you. We can expect Hannie in a few month in Adelaide for a visit. Continuing our journey to Amsterdam we decided to go via Haarlem and to have a meal there, close to where Liz used to live. We had a nice banquet there. The last few kilometres to Amsterdam were done in no time at all. We had a parking place in front of the door at Dolf & Gerda. We now have another couple of weeks to visit relations and friends. We started of on the Monday to visit the bank for a few unsolved problems. The main office is like fort Knox, you just have to fight your way in. We found ourselves arguing with a metal post that sticks out of the ground and answers you back in English, but we won and got inside. They certainly would look into our problems and hopeful they will be fixed by emails, so we don't have to argue with this metal post any more. The next day was spent on visiting my Sister as well as Carla & Hans, who were so nice to give us their summer house in Spain that we could use during our stay there. We had a nice time there. We had a nice evening with the family, talked a lot and had a few drinks. After we had a nice meal, cooked by Hans. Now we had to drive back to Amsterdam, just a ten minutes drive. More days to go before we leave Europe so more things to come but for now Bye Bye Liz & Allan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb