Last days Etten Leur before going to England


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
July 23rd 2011
Published: July 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our first go was the the see a doctor for advise what we can do with Liz leg. It was swollen and tight. No problems, he send us to the Chemist for three tablets and within a couple of days Liz had her original legs back. Now we can go back to making plans. In the meantime I had to get used to the small streets and the many traffic signs that Holland is rich of. We have to say, we never have seen a country with so many road signs. They need this for the many bicycles that exist here. The bicycles have their own traffic lights. A big problem is, most of the bike riders forget to give a direction which way they want to travel. To be focused is a must, Lucky,the other passengers in the car give plenty of comments to keep me alert. The days in Etten Leur were used to give Liz a lot of rest. The weather was not that good, to go out for the day. Mostly they were spent on shopping,washing and resting. Shopping centres were a daily visit, there was always something we did not think of and while there, Women's dress shops were the favourites. On one of those excursions we rediscovered the glass doors, where you find all those tasteful croquettes, nassi balls and other things that are not really good for you, but just have to try. The famous smoked sausage at the Hema was not forgotten either. A piece of this so tasteful sausage was a must. After all those delicious food products we eat and not much movement, we can only hope we will fit into our clothes. At the rate we are going now, we won't be losing much. But our next stop will be England. There we hope to do some more walking and less eating now Liz's leg is a lot better. As a thank you we took Jola and Hugo to an Indonesian restaurant. This place is well known for an original Rice table. Lots of small dishes on heated plates are placed in front of you. From there you transfer an amount of food you'r capable of to eat onto your plate. Some very spicy, some you have no idea of what it can be, but they all taste very good. A dangerous way if you want to lose weight. It turned out to a nice outing. Next Sunday we will leave for Calais and the ferry to England. A waiting time for the Euro tunnel made us decide to take the Ferry. From there we hope to entertain you with more travel stories. Bye for now Liz & Allan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb