All around in Amsterdam, by Sam, Tenna, Lieve, Line, Aukje!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland » Leiden
April 10th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello people,
yesterdady we went with our students from Denmark to the biggest city of Holland, Amsterdam. First we want to say is that we had very much fun, Amsterdam is just a beautiful city.
At ten o'clock we arrived in the centrum of Amsterdam. Our group had first the time to shop, because there are many shops in Amsterdam we don't have in Leiden. And ofcourse we bought a lot of things. You know, we are girls :-). But we were a little bit to slow, and we had to be on time so we must run through the big city. Luckily, we arrived on time, so we could go with the group to the Anne Frank House.
At the Anne Frank House we had a guide who told us about the Second World War and about Anne Frank and her family and how she became so famous. But she also told about al the Jewish people who had been murdered. That was a little bit shocking ofcourse. So we made some excersices and then we had free time to walk around the Anne Frank House.
Afterwards we went to eat our bread and to begin on the big city tour. The weather was very good. We walked around in the son on the Prinsjesgracht. We thought it was very beautiful. It was nice to see some other sites from the city beside the shoppingstreets. There were also a few vintage shops we really liked, so we decided to go back to Amsterdam some times so we could look some longer in the shops! We walked through the Dam. At the Dam there were living statues. We gave them some euros so we could go with them on the picture. I will put them also on this site. After that we walked through the Kalverstraat and then we walked through the Bloemenmarkt. It was very nice. After the city tour we had some free time and then we went home.
It was a beautiful day!
xx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb