Background: The Kingdom of the Netherlands was formed in 1815. In 1830 Belgium seceded and formed a separate kingdom. The Netherlands remained neutral in World War I, but suffered invasion and occupation by Germany in World War II. A modern, industrialized nation, the Netherlands is also a large exporter of agricultural products. The country was a founding member of NATO and the EEC (now the EU), and participated in the introduction of the euro in 1999.
Photos from Zwolle
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Zwolle
Latest Blogs from Zwolle
- April 5th 2010 weer thuus!
by Words: 450 Photos: 4
- August 7th 2009 A bike ride and a couple of beers
by Words: 1033 Photos: 5
- August 6th 2009 Three countries in one day
by Words: 1720 Photos: 3
- June 26th 2009 Reisschema voor zover die er is !!
by Words: 389 Photos: 1
- August 29th 2008 Andrea and Michels wedding
by Words: 75 Photos: 26
- July 19th 2007 The Netherlands- Visiting Friends in Zwolle
by Words: 718 Photos: 39
- June 21st 2007 Van Drachten naar Zwolle
by Words: 241 Photos: 17