In and around Holland


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
September 2nd 2014
Published: September 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a quick visit to Family in Grundau close to Frankfurt we went to Holland. It was a very wet trip. We had rain all the way to Holland where we stayed close to the border in Sevenum. Next day we went to friends in Zandvoort but nice beach weather was not there. That did not matter much we had planned a trip to Amsterdam and Haarlem. Going to Amsterdam it is better to use the train although that also can cause problems. To buy a train ticket you have to use a machine that only takes coins. To have 23.70 for two tickets is a lot of coins. The visa card was not excepted. Here you are standing with hands full of coins that you have to work into this machine, not good. The Lady that changed our paper money did us short as well but that is hard to prove. Anyway we had a nice day in Amsterdam and visited some of the places we use to go to. We had a drink and something to eat on Rembrandts plein. We saw there also the statues set out as in the famous painting from Rembrandt, The Nachtwacht. That was very nice. Haarlem where we use lo live was also nice to visit. We had a nice serve of Poffertjes that we ate on the Grote Markt. We use to drive our bikes there. Had a visit to Vroom & Dreesman, a Dutch department store the has a restaurant famous for their apple cake and coffee. A visit to the Zaan is a must. Pity the weather was not that good so most of the family visits were inside. But very nice to see the family of your friends back in Australia and be able to say Hello. Now we have arrived in Amsterdam, where we spent the last few days before returning to Australia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb