Gran and Gramps in Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
October 12th 2009
Published: October 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Tuesday night Gran and Gramps arrived in Amsterdam!

Dad, Harry, Sam and I left early to meet them at their hotel. There we surprised them and gave them directions to get to our place for dinner. It was really cool because when we rode home we were going about the same speed as the tram so we could wave to them.
Once we got back we had a dinner that we bought from the market and we showed them around. Finally for desert we had some of the 117 poffertjes that we made.

The next day it was Dad's birthday. In the morning we went to Alkmaar which is a town famous for its cheese markets. We had lunch in a bakery where we ate Dutch apple pie our own room.

In the afternoon Gramps, Dad, Harry and I went to the Heineken factory while Mum and Sam showed Gran a nearby church. The Heineken factory was great. There we saw the history of Heineken and how they make their beer. We also saw what they put in it and what makes Heineken beer unique. At the end you were also given two free beers (we got soft drink) using tokens from a wristband you were given.

For dinner we went out to a restaurant with Gran and Gramps. What was good about this restaurant was that you could choose your meal from from a bench where you could see it first.

The next day we went on a canal bus. It was a canal cruise with stops around Amsterdam at some of the major attractions. We had fun cruising around Amsterdam and at the end stopped off at the Rijks museum. The Rijks museum unlike the Van Gough museum had not only paintings but it also had sculptures.

We went out for dinner with not only Gran and Gramps but also some friends of theirs from Germany. I tried raw fish called Haring which is a Dutch specialty! We had a great time.

by Tom.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



16th October 2009

Relaxed looking grandparents
Well you are looking relaxed as you should on your holiday. Its a great photo of you both. Really looking forward to hearing all about it. Have a great time in Scotland. Love Liz and Geoff.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb