Us in Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
October 3rd 2009
Published: October 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have been enjoying just wondering 'round Amsterdam these past few days.

The bikes have been great. It is truly the best way to get around Amsterdam and I understand why they're so popular.

We have spent almost the whole day today in the market. It has got really cold now and everybody has these 'fur jackets". Harrison really likes them and was very excited to buy one today!

The library in Amsterdam is Amazing. it has seven stories and is ultra modern. In the kids section they have these circle shaped book shelves with dutch on the inside and english on the outside which is really helpfull. As well as that they have a cafe on the top floor which has the food layed out in front of you so if you wanted a pizza you could choose your toppings etc. they also have over 150 computers including Macs which Harry, Sam and I love to play on. Finally today they had a pianist playing which Mum loved.

Last night we went out for dinner with some friends from Mum's work. They had a child the same age as Sam called Kazai and it was interesting to watch them play together even though they couldn't speak the same language. We had a great night and my highlight was sitting in a box which they have on the front of bikes to tranport kids around!

By Tom


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb