Amsterdam here we go!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
August 3rd 2005
Published: August 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We left London early this morning on our way to Amsterdam. We departed from the Port of Dover on the ferry and arrived at the Port of Callais in France. Our hotel was tucked away in the little town of Monnickerdam outside of Amsterdam and after having dinner at the hotel we set off for a canal cruise. The cruise was really relaxing, probably because it included unlimited beer and wine, crackers and cheese. After the cruise, we went into the Red Light District - quite a sight I must say. There was an optional excursion to see a "show" and apparently it was very... acrobatic.

The next morning, we visited the Diamond Center - which was a waste of time. She was trying to sell us a 29000E oval cut 57 facet VSS 2 carat diamond. We decided that the Anne Frank Huis was more worth our limited time in Amsterdam so off we went and the house was amazing. Really quite sad.. we got to go into the secret loft through a door hidden behind a bookcase and walk through her room, which still had pictures that she put up. Her diary was also on display.

After Anne Frank, we went to go find lunch and thanks to good 'ol Tony, we sat down at this cafeteria-like-fastfood chain to have shwarmas, falafels and Hawaiis. Yeah, some lunch, the Hawaii Maciek ordered was just a small little pita with pineapple and melted mozza. And my falafel didn't even have the right sauce, they just gave some cheap tartar sauce.

We're off to St. Goar now!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb