More Amsterdam!


Advertisement
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

August 8

Today was a day exploring. We began the day with a tour of the Anne Frankhuis. Our trip has been an amazing journey through Europe and we discovered many fantastic details and histories of Europe. The Anne Frankhuis was a sober reminder of the many terrible things that have occurred throughout our history. It is important to remember these events because from these tales of pain and suffering we see the unbreakable human spirit which has an affinity for perseverance and strength. The Anne Frankhuis left us in a bit of a reflective mood and we took some time to sit quietly by the canal for some coffee and traditional apple cake.

After our snack we weaved our way through the Old and New City. Eventually we found ourselves in the infamous Red Light District. Although this area has some very highly touted restaurants and bars we spent little time here. After a long day of walking we decided to chill out and catch up on some rest and we did this with some wine in our bed while watching the Olympics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb