Perast


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor » Perast
July 29th 2017
Published: August 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday morning, we got up late and after a good breakfast, first we went back to Kotor to climb up to the fortress. Fortunately the entrance seemed too expensive to us (3€ p.p.) and so we decided not to go up there which was very fortunate because temperature climbed up fast and it would have been too hot to climb up there.
Since there were many tourists already, we left Kotor to go to Herceg Novi, a town close to the border. It wasn't very nice though and so we left after taking a few pictures of the old town.
We moved on, back direction Kotor, to find a camping, camping Zlokovic in Bijela, not too far from the border. Even though it was a big one, filled with mostly elderly people, it was nice and situated just next to the seaside.

After lunch we went to Perast and we were sorry we hadn't come here earlier but also happy to finish our stay in Montenegro in this wonderful place. It's a small town on the seaside with lots of lovely restaurants and bars and with a lot of charm. We walked around, had a few drinks and them went back to our camping where we went to the beach, I went swimming, we sunbathed and afterwards cooked dinner and finished our last day in Montenegro with a bottle of Vranac wine (not so good) on the seaside watching the stars.

Montenegro has been an unforgettable, amazing experience because this country is so diverse, with mountains where it's cold, huge lakes and beautiful beaches. We are definitely going back there, but probably only to the mountains and lakes, not to the seaside where there are too many tourists.
I can absolutely recommend it, but you should consider renting a car or going there with your own car to be free of public transport limitations.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb