A Day in Monaco


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco » Monte Carlo
August 14th 2008
Published: May 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Monaco & Nice

14/08/2008

MonacoMonacoMonaco

Stunning view across Monaco, one of the smallest countries in the world.
Hannah and I woke up earlier than everyone else in the group since we were taking the train into Monaco, however by the time we left the others were starting to get ready. We walked down to the train station down the road which took us straight into Monaco, but we realised that we had only just missed the train by a few minutes and the next one wasn’t for an hour. We bought tickets and headed down to the beach for a look around. We walked up and down the pebble covered beach until it was time we head back to the station and catch the train. It took around an hour to get into Monaco but the train ride was fantastic. It ran along the cliff side where we had incredible views of the beaches and towns below. Finally we arrived at the very fancy Monaco train station and we made our way up to the royal palace to watch the changing of the gaurds.

As we walked through the streets of Monaco I was amazed by the unsual layout of this tiny cramed city. Everything was built taking advantage of every little space possible. We arrived at
MonacoMonacoMonaco

Fantastic view of the habour and crazy streets which wind around Monaco
the royal palace to find loads of people waiting to see the changing of the guards, we made it just it time, grabbed a spot and watched as they marched around playing trumpets. It was all over quite quickly so Hannah and I decided to check out the incredible views of the entire city or country even. It was breathtaking, we stood for ages taking loads of photos and working out where the where the track ran around the city for the formula 1 GP. Eventually after taking in the spectacular views we headed off to find somewhere for lunch. We ate at a small Italian restaurant which was quite expensive but really good, then walked around exploring the incredible country of Monaco.

We found a tourist train and jumped on that for a better view around Monaco. It took us all around the city and covered most of the Grand Prix track as well, this place was awesome. One lap of the city took almost an hour then as we returned we took advantage of the beaufitul clear blue day and took more photos of the amazing views of the city. We made our way back to the
MonacoMonacoMonaco

The impressive Royal Palace which overlooks Monaco
train station and moved on towards Nice. When we arrived we walked down the main road towards the beach where the rest of the group were. There were so many people on the pebble covered beach that it was really difficult to pick them out. At one end of the beach there was a lookout point, we headed towards it keeping an eye out for everyone but still hadn’t seen them as we approached the lift to the lookout point. We decided to take the lift and check out the views across Nice. Again some fantastic views of the city and beach but we didn’t hang around for long, we took the lift back down and continued our search for everyone. Eventually we spotted them and went to say hello, they had been sitting here all day relaxing.

After a quick swim it was time to walk back to the meeting point where we were being picked up by Jamie and Billy to take us back to camp. Soon enough everyone was here but the time for meeting the bus had come and gone. In fact they eventually turned up 45 minutes late, we were all really angry since
MonacoMonacoMonaco

Exploring the beautiful country which is Monaco
lately Jamie had been having a go at the group for never being on time. We boarded the bus and returned to camp. Tonight to make up for the bus breaking down and making us wait for 9 hours the other day, Topdeck head office were throwing us a beach party. After dinner we headed across to the beach along with all the champagne and vodka we could carry, then emptied it into a massive storage container, along with plenty of cans of fruit, fruit juice, and other ingredients. There were at least 50 litres or so of very strong punch in this bucket, it was really good and we were determined to finish it all. We were on the beach until late in the morning and by the time Hannah and I stumbled back to the campsite, there was still quite a bit of punch left over.

Day 7:
French Riviera
0 MILES TRAVELLED // 1240 TOTAL
Les Embruns


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

MonacoMonaco
Monaco

Amazing views across Monaco
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

The stunning Monaco Cathedral
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

A tribute to the amazing race which is the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix
NiceNice
Nice

The beautiful beach of Nice on the French Riveria
NiceNice
Nice

View of the totally packed Nice beach from the lookout point.


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb