Utter Chaos Part 2


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Siauliai
June 28th 2011
Published: June 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning was filled with excitement when the kids found out we would be having a picnic at Skalų Kalnas, a hill and river nearby. The weather was hot, and after cramming 15 people in a 8 person car, everyone was more than happy to cool off in the river. After spending 4 hours in the sun, we knew it was time to go when we ran out of water and energy.

Although we felt exhausted, it didn't take long before the kids bounced back .

On a normal basis, these kids only have 2 caretakers that watch them throughout the day. Therefore, it is nearly impossible to keep track of what each of these 30 kids are doing at every moment. For example, one of the youngest girls was innocently digging in the dirt today, not knowing that there was an unmarked mole trap that could have cut through her hands. Another boy locked two kids in a musty shed for a half hour. Because these kids don't receive enough love and attention, it seems that they take out their anger on eachother. Instead of throwing stuffed animals and bouncy balls, they launch bricks and big rocks. Sometimes it is hard for us to believe that such adorable kids have so much pent up anger inside of them. We have been trying our best to keep them occupied, because with organized activities, they don't spend as much time fighting but rather enjoying the game.

-Julija


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Skalu KalnasSkalu Kalnas
Skalu Kalnas

This part of the Musa River is know for these rock cliffs


29th June 2011

an amazing amount of life lessons are being learned in a short 2 weeks
The life lessons you are learning are amazing. Now some day when your own children are fighting you will probably remember these days and think, wow, it could be worse. Again, I am sure that Roma and her staff are so appreciative of your "extra" hands and eyes with all those children.
29th June 2011

an amazing amount of life lessons are being learned in a short 2 weeks
The life lessons you are learning are amazing. Now some day when your own children are fighting you will probably remember these days and think, wow, it could be worse. Again, I am sure that Roma and her staff are so appreciative of your "extra" hands and eyes with all those children.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb