Small but BEAUTIFUL!


Advertisement
Liechtenstein's flag
Europe » Liechtenstein » Malbun
October 8th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Liechtenstein!Liechtenstein!Liechtenstein!

One hting peple do here, is buy the Stamps! They share the same postal system as Switz but uses their own stamps!!!! and this one is the one I liked but couldn't find a postcard of!!!! ><
Spent a whole day in Europe's 3rd smallest country, Liechtenstein. It's basically an Austria County to begin with, and somehow over the years, gain independence. However, the Money and postal system is same as Switz and the Language is basically, German. The Size of this country is like...less than half of NT in Hong Kong!! but here even less land coz mostly dominated by mountains!! Its more like a small city by the Rhine River Valley....

Anyways, took the bus straight to the capital - Vaduz. They didn't doany border check, They only have a border set with Austria but they basically don't check it! except maybe some trucks and cars...
So, first thing, tothe tourist office, for a map and an Entry Stamp!! haaaaaa!!! Had to pay to get it stamped, but its ok, at least its on the passport! =)

Walked around the town...went to the Post Museum...they displayed some old postal stuff....that's about it.
Saw this collection stamp that I really liked!!!!!! BUT They didn' havea postcard for it!!!!! ><" (They had the ones in the the same set except the one I liked!!!!!) So I ended up buying a whole set of the stamp instead.
The Red HouseThe Red HouseThe Red House

In Vaduz, its beautiful, too bad inside is not open for visitors....

$__$

Next walked to the 'Red House' along the road are these very old village houses and vineyards...very beautiful!!! The Prince of Liechtenstein has his own collection out for tasting at this wine cellar...but needa reserve as a group...=(

The Vaduz castle is where the royal family lives but its not opened to public, was gonna walk up to the castle to get a closeup pic, looked up and saw this BIG CRANE...construction crane...right by it!!!!! crap. No way hiking up there and taking a pic with a crane. So took one form below and then took the bus to the moutain town Malbun.

Malbun is at 1602m high! its perfect to start trekking!!!! you can reach up to peaks higher then 2000m in a few hours!!!!!!! argh!!!! I was so unprepared for trekking....so decided to just take a short easy trail around the town...-____-" it was nice though! The town itself had very view houses...basically they were 80% hotels, and like 2-3 restaurants! That's it!! It was so beautiful! Sat and read my book...until I had to catch the bus back down to the city.

Was gonna stop by ths other town halfway down called
St Florin KathedralSt Florin KathedralSt Florin Kathedral

In Vaduz...not so outstanding..
Triesenberg, which have this great view down River Rhine...but on the way down, suddenly there was this big fog!!! (Maybe its a valley thing, they have fog every evening???) So just took the ride straight down.

On the way back to Feldkirch, stopped at this other town Schaan, coz was attracted by this church I saw on the bus! Nothing really speical about it but I loved it!!!!!!!! the backdrop, the church..altogether is just soooooo beautiful....I dunno why I just loved it! haaaaaaa! My fav. thing in the country so far!! HAAAAA!

Anyways, after that got back to Austria and backto my dull hostel here.......
Italy tomorrow!!!!! ooooooooo...Italian foood...hopefully get to meet some people at the hostel there...


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Schloss VaduzSchloss Vaduz
Schloss Vaduz

Castle of Vaduz, way up there.............its the mountain that's beautiful, not really the castle..haaa!
Church in MalbunChurch in Malbun
Church in Malbun

the starting point of most trails as well. formthe road to ths church is already one hell of a slope!
sitting on the bench..sitting on the bench..
sitting on the bench..

was gonna actually lay onthe grass..but found a lot of shit on the grass.........so decided to sit on the bench instead...^^
Another postcard building Another postcard building
Another postcard building

a little outside Malbun
cool lights!!cool lights!!
cool lights!!

They only had a view in the country!!!! and I forgottotake the one of the green man!!!!! ><"


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb