Rome. Day 2


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 6th 2013
Published: June 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wow what an amazing day today.... We got up early and had breakfast at the restaurant next door. My breakfast was cheese, ham and a cold boiled egg. I really liked the hot chocolate and I had some of dads baked beans and sausage. We caught the bus to the Colosseum and took a tour Of the Colosseum, Palatine and the Roman Forum. Where the romans used to fight and meet to watch. The Colosseum used to be covered in marble with marble seats, steps and walls. It used to have a wooden floor covered in sand to soak up the blood. It was amazing. We also had our photo witch some Roman guards. Then we went to Palatine hill to see the Palatine remains and the Roman Forum. Everything is so huge! It is hot and sunny again today. Then we got back on the bus and caught it to the Vatican and Sistine Chapel. We took another tour as there were heaps hand heaps of people. The paintings were amazing and the chapel was beautiful. We had to be quiet in the chapel and were not aloud to take photos. It was 5 pm by the time we finished here so we bused back to he hotel for a rest before tea. We had Pizza, pasta and roast potatoes.

The last photo is me and dad standing by the Holy door which will not be opened until 2020.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.48s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb