Ahhhh Italia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
October 26th 2008
Published: October 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ciao,
We took an early morning train out of Paris to Venice. We were forced to travel 1st class because 2nd class was sold out. We decided to plan ahead a little and had actual train and hotel reservations. The ride was beautiful. We had 15min to change trains in Milan. This was concerning to me from the very beginning. Well our train was late by about 12minutes. We ran from track 1 to track 8 in the very big and busy Milan station and watched our train for Venice depart just as we reached it. So much for trying to pre-plan. We were able to catch a train about an hour later however we did not have reserved seats and ended up standing in the aisle for 2hrs of the 3hr trip! We went from 1st class to no class. Luckily the kids just go with the flow, no complaining.

We arrived in Venice and took a Vaporetto (a boat bus) to Piazza San Marco and then had a short walk to the hotel. Over the last couple of days we walked the beautiful city, were enthralled with the glass blowing/sculpting on Murano island, toured the various churches, etc...This morning the kids spent over an hour feeding the pigeons in the square while I enjoyed the best cappuccino ever!! Then we watched and cheered the runners doing the Venice marathon!! Tomorrow we leave for Florence.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb