Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
April 7th 2012
Published: April 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bonjourno, from Venice!

Jo and I were in Zermatt, Switzerland on Thursday. It's the cutest little ski resort town! We took a tram up the mountain to get a better view of the Matterhorn. As we rose in elevation, there was snow, then more snow, then skiers in all thsnow gear got on, then more snow, then more ski eiders. By the time we got off the tram, there was more than a foot of snow all around us! We were trying to visit an igloo bar. Everyone we asked for directions said to walk down ten minutes. Well they didn't tell us there wasn't a walking path! We trampled across the slopes and I don't think the smokers were real happy about it... We jumped through snow up to our knees (in tennis shoes) to get there. And the bar was closed! Luckily the builder was there and took pity on us. He gave us free warm mulled wine and a VIP tour of the bar AND HOTEL made completely of snow!! It was so wild!! When we continued walking down hill mountain to the next trainstrop, I fell through a soft spot in the snow to my WAIST! Jo had to come save me!

For dinner we had typical Swiss air dried meats and delicious fondue.

Yesterday we arrived in Venice. A combination of window shopping for a gazillion Italian leather bags, and an illogical Venetian address system (much like the one in Costa Rica) resulted in us wandering for hours through almost all of Venice before finding our hostel. But the gelato is phenominal, the city sights are breath taking and intoxicating with their beauty. We had some great Venetian wine, a fresh fish dinner and some cannoli.

Miss you all at home! But there is more in Venice to discover!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb