Happy Easter!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
April 8th 2012
Published: April 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Happy Easter everyone!

I have completely fallen in love with this country! They have the perfect combination of mountains and sea. The architecture, language and religion are all beautiful!

We have been having a bit of a problem seeing the sights in Venice because anything we try to see we get lost, although we have stumbled on some sights by accident : )

I think that is actually how they get tourists to buy things. You wanderNAND wander, all the while shopping, untilyou give up and pay for a water taxi.

I think I staeyed a monster in Jo. Who knew a purse fetish was contagious? We have smelled and pet a LOT of sweet smelling and soft leather purses throughout Venice!

We took a gondola ride and our waiters have been helping us with our Italian. Good thing we are in Italy for a week because we have a LOT of food to try!

We finally found one place in Venice twice, that was on purpose. And that was the church where we attended Easter mass this morning. Church bells rang thought the city all day! We treated ourselves to an Easter linnet and I think it was the best meal I have had in Europe! Crab, a spaghetti type dish, tiramisu and finished it off with limoncello.

Tomorrow we are headed to Florence.

Who could have asked for a crazier week? Literally up to my waist in snow in Switzerland and the NEXT day sweating in shorts and a tank top in Venice!

Miss and love you all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb