my love for 4 day class weeks grows..


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Perugia
January 20th 2012
Published: January 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

"Thank God it's Thursday." Even though it's now Friday, that's my new favorite phrase to use here. Why don't we have 4 day weeks at school in the US? It's really just a better plan for everyone.

Yesterday we finished up the first full week of classes. We went to dinner at a place called Il Falchetto which is right next to our school and not even a 2 minute walk from our apartment. We went with 2 other friends, all ordered pasta and split a bottle of wine. I got spinach and ricotta gnocchi but they sound better than they actually were. I got tiramisu for dessert because I just couldn't pass it up!

After, around 11pm, we met up with more friends at a bar called Dempsey's, right in the main square. A pretty good size group of kids from Umbra then made the (what seemed like) mile long walk constantly down stairs to a club's opening night: Velvet Fashion Cafe. Don't let the name fool you. It was a 3 story night club that switched from a restaurant to a dance club when dinner ended. They removed all the tables so quickly and it instantly turned into a dance floor. We all paid 8E to get in, because we went with someone who knew the owner. Usually they said it is more expensive for guys to get in. That 8E gave us a table and constantly refilled our pitchers..while we weren't dancing. There were 4 DJ's and an emcee who sang along with songs in both Italian and English.

It was so incredibly fun. We got home at 4:30am after a stop at an illegal bakery for cornettos con nutella. They're illegal because they're open after hours when businesses are supposed to be closed. But it was a pretty popular place.

Today we woke up after 2, finally got ourselves ready then went to the train station to buy tickets for a day trip to Pisa tomorrow!! Ciao for now <3

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb