The beach again!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Viareggio
August 5th 2005
Published: February 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

I love the beach!I love the beach!I love the beach!

July 17th trip.
Viareggio was the closest beach to florence, only an hour by train, so I went to this beach three times! (Once in June, once in July, and once in August.. the day before I was to return to the states.)

It's a pretty busy beach so if you arrive after lunch time, and it's a busy day, you might have to walk for a while down the beach to find an available bano. Bano doesn't always mean bathrooms.. in this case.. it's an area you rent umbrellas from... which you have to do if you want to be on this beach! Included in the rental are the area's facilities, which are nice. There's areas off the sand for eating, you can get little storage rooms for changing and locking up your items, access to a shower room, and BATHROOMS! It really is a nice setup, I like it!

The water at Viareggio takes a while to get deep, so for this reason, alot of people play a form of volley ball out in the water just goofing off with friends, it's so relaxing! ...and you always know it's the weekend and people are going to the beach, because even back in Florence, all the teens and 20-somethings have on their shorts and flipflops and head for the train station!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Italian Trains..Italian Trains..
Italian Trains..

June 19: You basically have to fight for seats.. and since we were such a large group, sitting together was going to be impossible, so we toughed it out and all sat in the area between cars...without the A/C.. we were dyin'! (I'm on the far right)
My Italian BuddiesMy Italian Buddies
My Italian Buddies

Marco, Ricardo, and Roberto. (June 19th trip)
If they don't have lobster in Italy..If they don't have lobster in Italy..
If they don't have lobster in Italy..

..which they probably actually do.. I'd at least be doing my part to represent them! Here I am with Ricardo and Roberto. (June 19th trip)
The ViewThe View
The View

August 5th trip
GameGame
Game

In this game, you try to flick the ball through the obstacle course and each person takes turns. First one does, wins! They must have spent quite some time on the set up!
GameGame
Game

In this game, you try to flick the ball through the obstacle course and each person takes turns. First one does, wins! They must have spent quite some time on the set up!
Viareggio Train StationViareggio Train Station
Viareggio Train Station

Around a 1 hour ride from Florence.


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb