On The Beach in Elba


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Isola d'Elba
June 17th 2018
Published: June 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

"Would you ever have imagined you'd be sunbathing on a beach in Italy?", questioned my beloved. I gazed across the brilliant blue water of the Liguarian Sea at the rock island lighthouse and dozens of sailboats in the crisp southern breeze and dreamily whispered, "Not ever." The beach of Elba is white stone and although the stones are smooth, they are treacherous to scamper to the sea water. We indeed looked like "not from around here", again, as we were not wise enough to be shod in water shoes for swimming here in Elba. On this sunny Sunday young families spread their compliment of chairs and toys and babies filled buckets with pebbles rather than sand. A lovely young 6 year old girl swam in just a pink bikini bottoms and scuba mask as her lanky father kept a close watch on her diving under the waves. Young men dived in and laughed at each other's shivers. Husbands and wives paired off with friends to enjoy the sun and gossip, refreshing their souls with a day of rest by the sea.

Every new moment seems to be more beautiful than that last.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb