Night Festival


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
November 20th 2010
Published: November 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Oh we stumbled across a wonderful experience tonight. It is Saturday night and everyone is out. The Florentines are all dressed up and out walking and talking. The streets are full and the shops are buzzing. David loves a city like this. We started walking and walking in a new direction. We went deep into the neighborhoods. You know when you see more families and stores that sell baby clothes, that you are out of the tourist areas. At the end of a street, we came across an evening market. It probably sounds like all we do is walk and eat, but the lifestyle really is different here. It is more social and relaxed. People enjoy getting out and meeting people and talking, especially over food and coffee. Italians do not watch as much TV as Americans. Besides, I mentioned that Italian TV is horrible, loud and annoying.

Anyway, the food at the festival was beautiful. We took a lot of photos and bought lots of goodies. When we got home, I realized that we bought some of all the sample tasting that we had. Good marketing tool, huh? When you eat a piece of cheese that is "too die for" and it is 11Euro, of course you have to buy it. It was superb. The shop owners were awesome. Very few spoke any English, but they were so nice and used the few words they did know. They asked where we were from and gave a decent sales pitch. There was one communication error with the chocolate guy, David was explaining about his NUT allergy and the guy was trying to offer Pistachio and other nut products. Needless, to say I was forced to eat those samples too.

Check out the Photos...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



21st November 2010

Cool stuff!! Love the pics - thanks for sharing. The food there looks like my kinda food. :) Have fun. Look forward to seeing and hearing more stories!

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb