"I got to touch the Duomo!"


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
September 13th 2008
Published: September 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So today was cool. It started out literally, cool. For once it was a comfortable day without the impossible heat. So instead of going to the Chianti area for a wine festival, I went to the markets in San Lorenzo with Eden and Maxann. We ended up walking through the entire thing and stopping at each stand that had scarves. We were hunting for the best buy that we could find and when we thought we found it (3 euro) and went back to him because he was the only one that offered it, he said he would go no lower than 4 euro. So he pretty much just kept changing his prices to make us stay there. Instead, we found another place who was selling then for 4 euro and 5 euro for these scarves that were a step up in quality so we went with that =) I got a whole bunch of them and thus far have worn 2 of them =) they're so pretty, they make me happy.

Then we went on a long search for a specific bank and that took us walking even more north of the city of Florence than when Maxann and I went wandering one of those first days. We randomly found a machine in the middle of the street that sold condoms? That was umm weird, so I took a picture of that.

On our way back from our adventures, Eden saw a print that she liked on the street from one of those random people selling them and he was trying to sell it to her for like 45 euro and I told her not to bother because Erica got one for 5 euro and he quickly dropped his price to 5 euro and rolled it up and gave it to her. Those people try to get as much as they can get, but they buy their stuff for nothing. That was a pretty cool experience though. Say something confidently and get what you want.

When we got back to the apartment, we had to get ready and dressed quickly. It was one of the girls birthday. So we all went out to eat at this place where you buy a drink and eat as much food as you want. It was an interesting place. Definitely not the greatest food Ive ever had but it was a cool place to go and there was a section outside in these comfy seats. After that we hung out on the streets for a little while and drank a bottle of wine together in celebration and then headed out to Astor. Basically, it was just fun. Our group went out almost as a whole and just shared some good times together. Eden came out and she wasn't going to at first and we danced all night, somehow people end up on the bar, we got Ashley and her friend Rachel out and Maxann and I spoke to some lady in Spanish for about a half hour before leaving to go to another bad for a few minutes and head back home.

And that was pretty much my day


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Pookins!Pookins!
Pookins!

You can (quietly) drink on the street?! what?
Toilet at AstorToilet at Astor
Toilet at Astor

it just looks funny


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb