Italy


Advertisement
Europe » Italy » Trentino Alto Adige
June 20th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

God thought with his sense of humor, "and it shall be... that on Thursday morning, Joni shall wake up and make plans to go to an unknown country where she doesnt know the language... HA! this should be funny..." and reinforced this by making England rainy and cold, making Joni cranky for lack of rock climbing. and so it was, that on Thursday, I woke up and said, "Hey! I'm going to go to Italy!" ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Bashing BushBashing Bush
Bashing Bush

Here is the caption on a garbage can. I believe the people here are anti-war, and hence hate the Bushmans
Mozarts homeMozarts home
Mozarts home

On the right is where the famous Mozart grew up.
My first soloMy first solo
My first solo

With only bouldering behind me, I decided to finally start soloing. Very scary... as there is no rope to catch you if you fall.
TrentinoTrentino
Trentino

All the houses in this road are full of beautiful frescoes and there is a gorgous fountain at the end.
See the frescoesSee the frescoes
See the frescoes

Here in Italy... everything is well decorated from the 15th and 16th centuries.
TritoneTritone
Tritone

There is so much beauty to take in... though I can only show you so many pictures... in Latine: Nettuno
The first one in.The first one in.
The first one in.

It was such clear water. A bit chilly, but nice.
LagoLago
Lago

There were patches of cold and nice water. Once you started swimming, though, it was lovely.
Lago LasesLago Lases
Lago Lases

I was so careful at first not to get my hair wet... and then, I just went for it. Now my hair is curly and unstyled (no traveling blow dryer)... oh well!
Palazzo SardagnaPalazzo Sardagna
Palazzo Sardagna

The main body, with its two frescoed rooms on the ground floor, was already standing in the early 16th century, but the palace took on its present shape in 1600, when its two imposing facades and the open galleries in the courtyard were remodelled by joining together different bodies of the building. The three puttos crowning the balcony, which is situated over the imposing front door and supported by telamons, were sculpted by Cristoforo Benedetti da Castione, working in the last years of the 17th Century.
Palazzo Alberti di ColicoPalazzo Alberti di Colico
Palazzo Alberti di Colico

This building is characterized by frescos painted in the 16th century over older works dating back to the 15th century. Its floral decorations and multicoloured friezes are a good example of the influence exerted by Venetian emphasis on color. The facade, made up of two older gothic parts, is embellished by a double-lancet window with a double balconey and by the windows with composite capitals.
Palazzo Alberti di ColicoPalazzo Alberti di Colico
Palazzo Alberti di Colico

This is the full front.
Riccardo Riccardo
Riccardo

Riccardo is my hero! He took me rock climbing on my first day, and was an instant friend.
A TrentoA Trento
A Trento

Not sure what this is, but there are amazing statues like this everywhere.
More SculpturesMore Sculptures
More Sculptures

Everything is so well decorated! I would feel very safe in that house with so many protective faces looking out. If those faces could talk...
More SculpturesMore Sculptures
More Sculptures

Imagine how much fun to be wealthy back in the 15th century and to see this everyday. I bet things were more colorful then... the paintings brighter, and the sculptures everywhere.
The local castleThe local castle
The local castle

This is the largest local castle in Trenton



20th June 2007

wonderful photos
Thanks for the post, the wonderful photos and letting us know of your exciting times! really interesting, fun to read. Love you, Mom
21st June 2007

Gelato Girl
Hey there: Loved reading about your recent adventures. Glad to hear that you are meeting great folks and getting some climbing in... keep sending links to your adventures so I can stay in touch and in the loop! School is finally over and we are gearing up for summer fun! Love ya: Lyn~
21st June 2007

Travel info.
Joni, It's great to see your picture and get news of your travels. This is my first offical blog ever!!
26th June 2007

G'day from Oz
Funny you mention the green bags for groceries. It's true, and I've been noticing it lately. Why can't we do these things in the States? It seems intuitive, no? Anyhow, glad to see that you've taken a liking to Italy, and that the climbing is awesome. One of the kids from my group in Oz quoted this line from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and it seems applicable to both of our trips: "If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Want to change the world, there's nothing to it." What do you think?
6th November 2007

Did you get to go on the roof of the Duomo? It's really beautiful up there.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb