Milan day 2


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We woke up around 7:30am to say a very sad farewell to Claire bear as she headed back to the States. We actually ended up going back to sleep and didn't wake up until around 11:30am. Ly provided a very nice breakfast of jelly-filled croissants and fresh strawberries. For the rest of the day, there were a few more sights to check out and some more shops to check out.

We took the metro over to the Sfore Castle, hung out in the courtyard there for a while, and then enjoyed some delicious gelato in the sun. After this, we walked around the city center, passed by some more shops, and at this point, I made a very wonderful discovery: SPIZZICO. A wonderful wonderful wonderful fast food pizza place that had a pretty decent meal deal. Ever since then, I was obsessed with Spizzico. Not that Im a very obsessive person or anything...more on Spizzico later.

At this point, it was around 3pm and we were trying to come up with things to do. We still had a lot of day left, and we weren't leaving for Venice until the next morning. Fortunately, Gajal had her hostel world papers with her and we decided to check out a cemetery that was recommended on the sights list. I was really really happy that we had found this place...it was a vast land consisting of acres and acres of mausoleums and elaborate headstones. Basically let's see which family can come up with the best memorial. It was pretty incredible to walk through and see all of the different designs and headstones...a little morbid but still pretty cool.

We stayed at the cemetery until around 6pm when it closed, and then took the metro back to our hotel. Ly and I got kebab for dinner, and we ate our food back at Demo. We were all pretty beat at the point, and decided to just relax for the rest of the night. I packed up my bags for yet another move and then fell asleep reading The Other Boleyn Girl.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd April 2008

You forgot to mention the priest/monk guy that led us to the cemetery and how he stopped traffic!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb