Venice!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
April 4th 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

On Friday morning we woke up pretty early, checked out of Hotel Demo, and made our way to the train station to head to Venice. We ended up waiting about 2 hours for the next train, and then had about a 2 hour train ride on top of that. We still made it into Venice around 1:30pm. Once we got there, we were greeted by a beautiful beautiful city...Venice is built entirely on water, there are no cars, and everyone gets around on water taxis. I wasn't fully prepared for how awesome Venice would be over the next few days.

Our hotel was in a very convenient location not far for the famous Rialto Bridge. The Disney store was actually our landmark for Hotel Caneva which was pretty funny. We checked into our hotel, quickly unpacked, and then headed out on a 3 hour shopping spree. This was pretty much when things started to go downhill for us in terms of souvenir shopping. From this point on we were hooked, and there was no going back. Venice's number one industry is tourism, so we were at no shortage of souvenir shops galore. This was also where I bought my super cute viking hat haha. We bought sooo much stuff between the three of us, ranging from glass art, wine stoppers, jewelry, and gondolas galore. We were holding a lot of bags by the time this was all over.

After our shopping spree, we found a little Chinese restaurant that had some cheap dinner options. I was really hoping that I would be able to get General Tso's chicken, but unfortunately I would have to wait to get back to America. The food was still pretty good, despite paying the equivalent of almost $20 for my meal alone. After dinner, the next logical step was finding gelato! Yay for cheap and delicious gelato!

By this time it was almost 8:00pm and we had to get back go Gajal could get ready for her hot date. We went downstairs to meet Niccola at 9:00pm and then after Ly and I sent her off, we went on a date of our own. Nightlife in Venice is surprisingly


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb