Hiking across Cinque Terre


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
May 22nd 2009
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, the 3 of us did it and it was brilliant. We walked from Monterosso where we’re staying to Riomaggiore, starting with the 2 hard walks and ending with the easiest, Via della Amore. In a nutshell, a great workout, absolutely beautiful scenery, and crazy tourists getting in our way. Who can do that hike in the middle of July with million more people?

We had an amazing lunch of seafood salad (so fresh!), regular “ensalada mista” and salmon ravioli. No Ta Frenc ravioli (the restaurant we got married at) but very yummy just the same. We must take pictures of our food, otherwise Sk8 won’t read this blog. :o)

We went swimming at the small, rocky beach at Riomaggiore, which was bloody cold but felt so nice after sweating the entire day. We then continued our gelato game: you have to have a different flavour each day and no repeats allowed. It’s a tough game.

Shane’s allergies that he’s had for weeks have subsided since leaving London, what does that tell us?

We’re now hanging out in our hotel room, having showers and drinking Italian beer. Trying to figure out where we want to eat tonight…




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb