Sunshine, pizza and gelato


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
May 21st 2009
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left the Holiday Inn Malpensa Airport (clean and decent hotel) and made our way into Milano Centrale, where we hopped a train to Levanto.

Walked out of Monterosso train station in Cinque Terre around 15:30 to a stunning view of the sea, beaches and high hills. We made our way to Hotel Marguerita on Via Roma. We’re in a fabulously large, disabled room with 2 big beds, perfect for us and Janie.

We went for a long walk and a tasty lunch on the sea consisting of Panini and bruschetta. We’re finding the people here efficient but not overly friendly (which is ok by us), except for the gelato man who Kim loves as he only charged her €1.50 for a €2 gelato (strachiatella & vaniglia in a waffle cone).

We all had slightly too much local white wine over lunch and promptly fell asleep when we got back to the hotel. Luckily the alarm when off at 20:30 and we managed to get back out for a pizza dinner in a cute joint full of locals that had a giant plastic pizza slice outside. And it didn’t even seem tacky. Then, of course, more gelato.

We’re now off to bed and thinking of the fun we’re going to have tomorrow hiking across all 5 villages! Nightly night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb