Perfect Day in Cinque Terre


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
May 23rd 2009
Published: May 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The day started like an ordinary day. We awoke to what we thought was drilling on a nearby construction site?(to be confirmed)

Breakfast was tasty. We also discovered our hotel to have a large Uncle Bill friendly section (picture in tomorrow's blog).

I question why Jane, Kim and myself feel the need to punish ourselves with a quick 1 hour hike up the mountainside, but am told we must earn our wine, gelato, food and even beach rest for that afternoon.

The walk started with our daily routine of getting to the park entrance and realising that someone in the group had forgotten the entrance ticket. Kimmy had the honours this fine day. Being the gallant gentleman I ran back to the hotel to fetch them.

The walk was very nice with stunning views even the second time. We earned our beach time and rich Italian meals for the day. Feeling self-righteous we took the communal decision to pay for umbrellas and loungers on the private beach.

Went to dinner a bit early by Italian standards (7pm) but found an amazing restaurant with fantastic waterfront views. Incredible food came in several courses. Tomato Mozzarella Salad, Spaghetti with Scampi, Linguine with Pesto, Veal, Stuffed Mussels, Prosciutto with Melon. (pictures to follow)

We capped the night with stroll along the promenade savouring the day’s final gelato.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb