Rome, Venice, and a tent


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
April 22nd 2008
Published: April 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello All!!!
Ok...sooo....Rome was good, got lost one day looking for the Appian Way only to find we couldn't actually walk down it. So we were really tired that day. We got through the line at the Vatican in less than 10 minutes! Yeah, so good times.
Umm...Venice... visit, but don't eat the food, unless you go to McDonald's or random shacks on the side of the road. Whatever you do, don't pay 12 euros a person for chef boyardee. It was nice and relaxing though. We stayed in a hotel with an awesome view. The water buses were seriously expensive and made Antonia feel yucky in the tummy. Did some shopping and walking around, also was an amazing Basilica that was decorated all in Mosaics!
Took a day to get to a small coastal town called Deiva Marina in the Cinque Terre region, on the Riviera. We booked a tent there, so we are camping it out for three nights. Luckily the tent is really waterproof and is on a platform because it is rainy and cold. The sea is awesome, though, and the fresh air.
We are on our way to Switzerland next on the 24th, where we are staying in small towns again in the mountains. We have decided not to go to Marseilles because it is super expensive not just to stay there, but to take trains in and out of there. We have also decided to swing back to Geneva later in May (probably after Paris) because we coulnd't get a room there for cheap. You may not hear from us in awhile. Hope you are all well and enjoying the snow, apparently..
Loves!

Advertisement



23rd April 2008

I look forward to reading your blog!....Looks like you're having a BLAST!....Love ya *kisses*
23rd April 2008

cool
Sounds like you guys are having the time of your lives and we our all missing you two . Love Dad
23rd April 2008

Food in Venice
Sorry I didn't warn you about the food in Venice. Bob and I actually resorted to a Chinese restaurant there last summer, which was really good, though a bit different from Chinese restaurants here. Glad to hear you're having a good time. Yes, that Basilica with the mosaics is amazing!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb