Rome - Day 4


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
November 17th 2010
Published: November 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Made our last use of the tour bus to get to the Colisseum for a walking tour. Had a bit of delay due to concerns about a student protest in town, so had to get off early and walk the rest of the way. Our walking tour guide is a friend of Maria's - Lori. We hired her privately which was great because we could go at our own pace and she was very good at engaging the kids who had lots of questions. Those you recommended the walking tours were correct - it is really worth while. It certainly gave some relief to the 'rubble-fatigue' I was starting to experience. Rome has so much to look at that it can become a bit overwhelming. So many fascinating sites but so many are cluttered by other buildings and really deserve a space of their own.

Afterwards we walked all the way back 'home' via the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Nevano, a restaurant nearby and then on to the BnB. Yes Kate - we walked!! Not so bad as long as you have stops along the way, and there was certainly a lot to look at. Really nice walking along some of the narrow streets at night. Interesting that so many of the shops and businesses stayed open to 8 pm and beyond. We also noted many people talking their dogs for a walk along the alley ways and any patches of grass possible (which little plastic bags of course).

A great day all up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



20th November 2010

So Rome all in all??
Good to hear all's going well.I'm pretty sure you're in Tuscany now - as long as the driving didn't get the better of you. xxx

Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb