More Rome and Huge Vatican Museum!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

San Mar....sthSan Mar....sthSan Mar....sth

a nice church in Rome..
So, last day in Rome...

Started out to San Giovanni, this church ...that was said to be the official church of Rome for many years...
its pretty nice..I love the inside though, they have this...stage/alter thing....with gothic towers!!! haaaaa

After that, wanted to go all the way to Vatican City again, so walked to Metro station.....but...
got lost!!!!! went to this neighbourhood......saw lots of local activity.....ended up asking my way back to the Metro station..and went up to Vatican Museum directly.
There was a HUGE lineup..but it didnt take too long though.
The VM is one of the richest museums in the world and also, HUGE!!! OMG...a quick walk through it killed my legs!!!
Lots of Roman statues....an Egyptian Museum with mummies and stuff..
then into the hall of maps and tapistries....very dark though....
Then a bunch of religious stuff and art...
lastly contemporary art museum....humm....They were ok.
The place was basically filled with Frescos and paintings...everyone was there for the Sissy Chapel....which..I think its overrated.
Like, there are many nice frescos on it....dunno if it was Michaelangelo or not.....but...ya....still.....not that big of a WOW.....but a sight to see I guess...=)

After that....went to the Spanish Steps....well, the nice cathedral there was blocked by a under construction big Ad......and the steps were covered with..tourist sitting!!!....so basically...nothing much to see...haaaaa!
Walked around...looking for new jeans coz mine ripped.....><" The ones I spot were 140Euros!!! %$**&#$%!!!!! so ended up for my 2nd option......still expensive in my budget....-__-"

Walked back to the hostel and got on my night train to Sicily!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

San Giovanni...San Giovanni...
San Giovanni...

gothic towers!!!! yeah!!!
closing doors..closing doors..
closing doors..

watch out!!
Spanish Steps...Spanish Steps...
Spanish Steps...

toooooo crowded...with a nice ad at the background!
Piazza RepublicaPiazza Republica
Piazza Republica

with anice fountain and old church..


Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0888s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb