Colonel Mustard and Mrs. Peacock do Italy!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
February 16th 2007
Published: February 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Rainbows on Rainy Days!Rainbows on Rainy Days!Rainbows on Rainy Days!

Lindsey and I thoroughly enjoying our new umbrellas in the park outside the National Museum in Rome!
After waiting for 2 of the longest hours of my life for Lindseys late plane to arrive it finally did in Rome..it was SO nice to see her safe and sound.

Spending 4 nights in Rome...we tromped around in rain, sunshine, and clouds..Myself sporting a blue raincoat and towel...and Lindsey sporting a yellow raincoat and towel..the cause of the names. Saw some amazing monuments...but I found the fountains to be even more impressive..Rome is FULL of cool stuff.

We meet a bizzare english man, a sweet kiwi, and ended up going out on the town with two Swedes who fit the mold exactly. Rome started rainy and ended up rainy but there was much sunshine inbetween!

From Rome we headed to Perugia..where we headed to the hills to stay in a rustic...and I EMPHASIZE rustic...old farmhouse...but it was gorgeous. Farm fresh eggs in the morning...wine from the vineyard...and a Valentines Day pasta dinner with Lindsey made for an amazing and relaxing two days with the chickens, horses, and sheep of Perugia.

Off to the north of Italy we headed to Bologna to explore for a day, saw some great medieval scenes but decided to head up to
Sunnier Side!Sunnier Side!Sunnier Side!

A gorgeous sunny day in Rome outside the Castello Angelo!
Venice the next day.

Venice...INCREDIBLE...beautiful sunny day was spent there riding the...no not the 100 dollar gondola...but instead the public transport..which cost only 10..handy...its a boat toooo!! Way too cool! The carnival was going on in Venice so it was amazing to see all the costumes...masks and incredible dresses.

Back to Bologna to spend the night and we are headed to Milan for the day tommorow...and then off to Ireland to visit the other side of the family.

oh...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!...I love you all and MISS YOU TONS!

Advertisement



17th February 2007

Viva Venizia
Oh Whitney, I'm so jealous thinking about you travelling in Italy. Just the best country in the world and how exciting to be in Venice during Carnival. I recall Mel and I spent many hours searching for a mask which she has on display. The costume shops were wild and you are a smart girl (maybe a bit Scotch like your Mom) to take the public transport on the canals (although if you had a Sugar Daddy the tourist gondola would have been a must). Hope you love Ireland - haven't heard a bad word about it but remember, you gotta switch from loving vino to swilling Guiness.
19th February 2007

Hi Hon, wow, are you ever seeing a lot of places and meeting a huge array of people. It does not seem possible that you've been gone for almost two months. I'm sure the time is flying by for you. I am anxiously awaiting your return to hear many stories regarding people and places!!! This past Sunday Uncle Brian and Auntie Marg had Grandma and I over for dinner. Of course a fair amount of the conversation was about you. Remember to bring yourself home a shamrock from Ireland. Stay safe and continue to have fun...Love Auntie Barb
20th February 2007

Carnival! Fun.. that would be perfect for me.. all the masks and "drama" stuff. I bet it was beautiful.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb