Day 16 - Ahoy there MSC Splendida


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Civitavecchia
October 25th 2013
Published: November 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Everyone was very excited as we headed to Civitavecchia by treno, where our Cruise ship, the Splendida, awaited us. Was lovely to see the sea (the coast felt/looked a little like the train trip to Kapiti). Brendan had a 2nd wheel blowout on his suitcase and ended up carrying it along the road to the shuttle which took us to the ship. We checked our bags in and headed back into town with all the washing! Had Subway (for free wifi 😊 while we did two washing machine loads (thanks Nath - you won the 'hunt for a laundry' prize and thanks Roy, for manning the machines 😊 Took a while (and some euro) to decypher the washing machine instructions and actually get the washing and drying done but eventually we headed back to the ship and checked in/boarded. Wow, what a ship! Glass elevator, Swarovski crystal studded piano, two paired flights of Swarovski crystal stairs, high central atrium - and that was just the initial impression. Our rooms were great. Greg scored VERY well, though Nath booked it for them, and a lot later than ours, they ended up with a lovely large suite, walk in robe and big bathroom, including bath-tub. Lucky! But after having no bags for five days they deserved something nice. And so began the Food Overload...in this amazing floating hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb