One Last Day in Modena


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Modena
June 13th 2023
Published: June 13th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We had a fairly early morning, starting out by walking to the Maserati Factory. This tour was actually easy to get tickets to, and I highly recommend it.

The tour goes thru every stage of the production, in this case the M20, a beautiful sports car. Both Dale and I could see ourselves driving this car. I think we need a larger garage though and lots more storms will help with the money.

The tour starts in the show room, then you walk to the old, original buildings in the back. The exterior of the buildings cannot be changed but the interiors have been refurbished to make way for modernization. There are pathways that go up and down the areas so that you can see the vehicle in the various stages, from a frame to the electronic instillation, the instillation of the various panels, and areas for all kinds of testing for each car. There is also an experimental area, experimenting with new motors and bodies.

We were not able to shoot photos so we must take the memories as we have them.

From the Maserati Factory, we walked to where we remembered the Balsamic Vinegar store to be located. This 25-year-old Balsamic from Enoteca Ducale is the best I’ve found in Modena. 2 years ago, I’d bought several different brands and taste tested them with our grandson, Elias. We determined that this was the best.

We didn’t remember that it was so far down the road, but we found it and I bought vinegar for myself and those who I promised to bring it to. This will be Christmas, birthday, and everything else for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, too many family members love this vinegar. Additionally, I was out of the white balsamic and olive oil with truffles so it was time to load up!

Now it was off to Bologna for the train ride to Paris.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb