A Few Hours in Paris then London


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
June 18th 2023
Published: June 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post

By the time we got into Paris and our motel, it was really quite late, like after 1 am but, the boys revived after seeing the room. The motel was like 1 big Pac-Man game, and in our room, we had a large bed, plus 2 sets of bunk beds, each bunk with its own sliding doors. So, boys were bouncing back and forth between beds and opening and closing the sliding doors.

Morning came too soon. The train for London was leaving at 4pm and we needed to be at the train station 2 hours in advance. This left little time for the city.

When we were in Paris 2 years ago, we had a wonderful picnic at the Eiffel Tower. We knew we had little time to tour but figured we could at least have a picnic. We found the Rue Cle, a pedestrian only street with many food stores, and bought cheese, baguette, sausage and a bottle of French wine. I’d brought a table cloth, napkins, plates and flatware for this big event. The boys said they didn’t really want to go to the top of the tower so we had our picnic and went on to the train station.

We got into London and dropped our bags at the hotel then took off by foot. The hotel was close to the one we normally get on the South Bank, Southwark, so we know our way around.

After watching a street performer along the Thames our goal was Big Ben. We’d thought about riding on the London Eye but it wasn’t going and kids didn’t know if they really wanted to go on it. I suspect they would have gotten bored.

We stopped for Fish and Chips but the Fynn said it wasn’t Fish and Chips but rather, (as per the menu) Cod and Chips. We explained that Cod was fish but he wasn’t having it, so passed on London’s specialty.

The bed looked really good after a super long day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.453s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb