Just another day in Naples


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
April 17th 2008
Published: April 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

just another message of the days events, as i said before, might as well make use of this net access while it lasts, as dont know if they have it medieval sicily, going on what the 90s italy books mum gave us! we had a lazy day 2day, as we were all extremely hung over. we had a few drinks with a good group of fellow travellers last night til midnight in the hostel, the hit the streets of naples for some tennents super on the streets. its wierd here, instead of trying to get everyone off the street like at home, everyone seems to just grab booze and sit round a fountain in a piazza til 2 in the morning, as we did, taking the party outside as midnight is the end of booze consumption in the hostel. we had a bit of excitement too, as Alex and an american lass had to flirt our way out of trouble with the local caribinieri who pulled up and damanded ID. of course it was all at the hostel, so i explained in italian we were just tourists, and we had no id, which seriously pushed the limits of my italian. he couldnt speak english, and he got what i was saying, so it couldnt have been that bad. they were obviously just flexing there pecks like typical bloody italian bobbies, trying to scare some tourists, but the boy Dolata handled them pretty well. had plenty of dutch courage in me by the time! they let us be after 5 mins, and was a funny highlight to the night.
today we went to the underground ruins of the greek and roman amphitheatre and aquaduct, which was good, but kerry got scared and had to wait at the end while the rest of us finished the tour, coz there was a bit where all we had was a candle, and we were almost on all fours through a tiny little tunnel. was good tho. then we went to lemoncello shop, and ended up getting a tour of the factory bit in the back of how they make it etc, which kerry loved. lunch was a pizza, again, and was another taste sensation. all still hungover at this point, got the fanicular up to the castello and got great views over the bay and the city. we were entertained by a violinist busting out a bit of mozart on the 2min journey back, which was ace, and after a can of fanta, came back here for a few hours of chill before hitting the restuarant mentioned in a previous message. and thats it for 2day! few!
just to finish, to reassure people wondering, yes we have read all of ur messages that u have sent us via this thing, so dont worry.
hope all is well at home, love A+A+K.xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb