Italy 2011 - A little piece of heaven


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
May 22nd 2011
Published: October 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What a fabulous place to wake up in the morning. The sounds of the sea, the small boats plying their trade on the water and the sun twinkling like silver on the sea. Lemons hanging from the trees like christmas decorations on the christmas tree. Lemon granitas refreshing in the hot sultry weather. Amalfi town small but perfectly formed. A fabulous sea front, gelato counters and young Italians strutting their stuff . Felt a little like the song about the girls watching the boys watching the girls go by. The weather was mixed a touch of fog in the morning but bright sunshine in the afternoon. Woke up most mornings listening to the birds in the climbing plants which surrounded our small house which overlooked the bay. What could be better - a view of the town and watching the world go by over crossoints. Heard that the volcano had erupted again over Iceland with ash clouds over Germany. Felt a little like dejavu as we had been stuck in Venice the previous year with the same problem. At least with motorhomes you can stay if the going gets tough and come home when everything settles down. Found a few tardis like supermarkets in the town and a couple of good restaurants. The Italian pace of life is fantastic - slow and endearing. Small narrow streets which seemed to lead to nowhere. Broke the mirror on the hire car and found a great function on our new Tom Tom - google search which found us a local Renault garage in Salerno. Straight to it and bought the replacement mirror quite easily. Rubbish strewn everywhere in Salerno which was a shame as it seemed like nice places were being ruined by mountains of rubbish. Tomorrow off to Paestum.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb