$917 roundrip airfare


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Brindisi
December 12th 2008
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yup...$917 roundtrip airfare from Boise, ID to Rome, Italy! This is close to the record low of $850 we had the year we went skiing at Monterosa. We are headed back to Brindisi to visit our good friends Sara & Vincenzo. They are getting married! We will be accompanied by another set of excellent friends, Sam & Terri. This is their first time to Italy and we (Beth & I) intend to give them the "authentic experience." Our itinerary will be as follows: Spend a whirlwind day in Rome on our arrival day and then set out by car to Brindisi the next morning. Spend 4 - 5 days visiting all of our friends in Brindisi most particularly our beloved Mina (my Italian mother while we lived there). After that we are headed to Castellabate for another 4 - 5 days. This is located just south of Salerno and Napoi. We want to visit Napoli and a couple of small islands (Ischia & Procida) that I would like to see. Then it will be back to Rome, drop off the car and have our "last supper" before heading back to the USA the following morning.
I will take photos and videos of our adventure and will post all of that upon our return. I will also write a long overdue narrative about our last vacation in Italy before we returned to the USA. That was an especially fun time. We went to Sicily, the Amalfi Coast, and then Rome. Our good friends Dave & Stephanie, and Tim accompanied us on that vacation. It was a blast and I'll post the photos and commentary sometime soon...:-)
Meanwhile the countdown has begun!!! I am already mentally packing my bag!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb