Day 3 - Blarney, Inistioge


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
June 13th 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up this morning and had another nice breakfast. I switched to pancakes though because that Irish breakfast was so big and filling, and those pancakes looked a bit lighter & so good. They were very good indeed!

Today we headed to Blarney Castle (not to kiss the stone - how gross!). We toured part of the house on the property which is still occupied as a residence to the heirs of the people who purchased the castle many years ago. It is absolutely gorgeous. We were able to see the living room, dining room, and a couple of the bedrooms. It was a nice tour and didn't cost as much as the castle one. I believe it was 8eu for the three of us. The castle would be much more and I didn't think it would be worth it as there wasn't much to the castle at all. Plus there were hundreds of tourists there in line to kiss the stone. None of us really needed the gift of gab anyway!!


The girls keep falling asleep in the car every time we travel anywhere. It’s so funny that they are so tired all the time and us old folks are always on the go. I don’t think they are used to this kind of vacation at all.

We then headed to New Ross where we toured the Dunbrody ship. Mom found one of our ancestors name on the memorial list. That was kind of special. The ship tour was a reenactment of life on the ship in the famine times. New Ross is a nice little town. We found an Italian restaurant to eat at and the food was very good. We also found an internet café where I could send off my first blog entry. This was the first one we found on the trip so far. I guess they are not so common in the places we’ve been so far.

Tonight after checking into our B&B in Inistioge we went to our relative’s house and met some of the family.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb