On the road again


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Sligo
October 14th 2022
Published: October 14th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Damn I just lost an entry i was working on ! Very annoying.

Yesterday we drove out to the CLIFFS of Moher . They truly are an awesome site . The weather cooperated although the wind was freezing . Fortunately I had all my layers . I certainly am getting my walking done on this trip . A lot of it is uphill or up many stairs . It will seem tame when I return to the gym .

This tour is titled the Highlights of Ireland which means we are doing quite a lot of driving . Fortunately our bus is very comfortable , has WiFi and charging docks and we make "technical stops " every 2 hours or so .The countryside is lovely . Very green in spite of this summers drought and scorching temperatures. There are sheep grazing nearly everwhere , some cows and occasionally horses . The pastures are all surrounded by rock fences which are hundreds of years old . There sure are a lot of rocks in Ireland. The houses we see appear well kept and what i have seen in the countryside is not impoverished. The roads are very narrow and with the appearance of churches castles , burial grounds animals and other distractions I would not feel comfortable driving . .

Last night back in Galway 5 of us went out to a tapas restaurant and had a lovely meal .Then we headed to a local pub for a "Trad" session . It was amazing ! At any given time there were 10-12 musicians playing . Violins, flutes ,penny whistles, guitar , squeeze boxes of varying sizes and a wooden banjo . That was the second time I have seen that instrument on this trip . Everyone was having a wonderful time and if it hadn't been so hot I might have staged longer .



Enough for now .We are heading into Derry . Hope all is well .

Advertisement



14th October 2022

Driving, driving, driving
It sounds like this tour is a lot of travelling. Good thing you booked some days at the end to “travel” at your own pace. Enjoy all the rocks! All is well here; fall weather; beautiful colours. We’re turning 30 pounds of grapes into jelly today, fun, fun.

Tot: 0.397s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb