A weekend in Killarney


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
May 25th 2009
Published: May 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Week One 252 secs
Blog 3- Friday, Saturday-Overnight to Killarney

Summary: We left around 10:00 in the morning on Friday to head over to the Blarney Castle. Our bus driver is an avid golf player. Apparently Tiger Woods goes to a golf course 20 minutes from Dingle fairly often, and one of his friends got to caddy for him! Not a bad gig!

Blarney Castle was really pretty(albeit pretty touristy). I kissed the Blarney Stone! On way back from the stone, there was an entire sheep herd crossing the street holding up traffic on the road we were on. It was hysterical!

Killarney was fun. I found a really nice bodhran at this off the wall music instrument shop buried amongst the side street shops. It’s really nice, 16”, dark wood. Be sure to see the pics I posted Saturday.

Food and Pub: After an hour or so of shopping, we were off to dinner. After dinner, we all went out. And then the night began. It was all good at the first pub, decent jam band music, friends, and fun. We left the first pub around 11pm, and headed over to a another night club pub(more pop culture atmosphere). That was a lot of fun, until one of the girls drinks got drugged. Thank goodness she spotted it right away, so we had to get everyone out of there, and that was a hassle. Some of the Irish guys were giving our guys a hard time, and nearly got into a fight. Craziness. But everyone stuck together and it was fine.

It definitely made me realize how thankful I am for the friends and family I have back in VA and at GaTech. I know all of them would look out for me in a situation like that, and they would all take care of me. You all know who you are!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb