Weekend Trip to Kilarney


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
February 27th 2009
Published: March 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a little mishap in my travel plans to Scotland, on my birthday, Abby, Liz and I headed to the national park for the weekend. We stayed in a decent little hostel in Kilarney and that night the girls took me out to dinner. It was very good and I'm glad they treated me to it. After some dinner and rummy, we hit the sack. The next morning we took the ring of Kerry bus tour. It was a gorgeous tour and much of it weaved in and out of the national park. The rain that day made it hard to see too much for the second half of the day, which was disappointing, but it was nice anyways. Afterwords we had a few pints at a pub and watched Ireland play England in 6 nations rugby. Ireland came up big and won in a tight match up.
The next day we got up early and rented bikes to take into the national park. We biked a beautiful trail that passed a castle and took us past mountains and coastline. Our finally stop in the park was a waterfall which was great and the whole area was so green and lush. We took the same trail back to the bike shop and headed for the bus station to get back to Cork. It was a relaxed weekend and the scenery was nice the entire weekend.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb