Belfast


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
March 21st 2009
Published: April 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Carson and I orginally were headed to Krakow, Poland for 5 days, but we found out our final for Econ had moved up to a week. Instead of freaking out, Carson and I decided to head to belfast. Right after we crushed the our final on friday we got on a bus and took the 7 hour trip to belfast. When we arrived we found our hostel and hit the sack at midnight-ish. In the morning we got breakfast and took a black taxi tour. It was a private taxi tour that explained the conflict between protestants and catholics in Belfast. The history was very interesting and extremely violent. The rest of the day we spent exploring the city and we stopped at a pub to watch the six nations final: Ireland v. Wales. It was such an incredible match, it was a tug of war and came down to the actual last second. Ireland came out on top and we sang and danced with all the Irish supporters. What a great night.
The next day we took a 10 hour bus tour up the northern coastline and saw the sights. The highlights were Bushmills distillery, Giants causeway, and the rope bridge. It was a long time to be on a bus, but we got out frequently enough to enjoy the entire ride.
The next morning we headed back to Cork, the trip was last minute, but boy it turned well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb