What is lost... is lost! in the Ring of Kerry / waterfall.


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
October 24th 2017
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Ben Franklin said: Lost time is never found again. That also applies to eyewear!

What a beautiful rainy day to head into Killarney and visit the top half of the Ring of Kerry adventure. We decided to repeat our good fortune from Dingle and hire another Taxi/Tour guide. Welcome Shiela! thank you for showing us the pure excitement of driving the thin roads of Killarney National Park.

We started with a trip past the red deer stag-grounds, past rivers/bridges and then to a mountainview that went on into the horizon. We stopped at Ladies View, and Shiela shared stories of the Queens visit, her ladies in waiting, and a recent car which hit the excellerator in drive, not reverse (a mighty mountain rescue followed).

Next up Torc Waterfall and the breathtaking beauty, even as rain fell in a light mist.

Our next tour stop by MuckRoss House Castle and grounds.

Did anyone see my glasses.. yep, those glasses that I need to drive the car back to the Farmhouse??? panic, search, sadness and then shame to follow.

Thank you guardian angel for guiding me to put my extra pair in my backpack/purse before leaving Tx.

Next up was the GAP mountainside, with the group splitting into those who want to enjoy a warm coffee and pastry & the second group who wanted to explore more of the countryside and the beautify of the Killarney National Park.

A wonderful, rainy, magical day!

Nachos? anyone??


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb