"I toast to your coffin...." a wonderful Monday in Dingle


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Dingle Peninsula
October 23rd 2017
Published: November 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

"may your coffin be made from strong solid 100-year old wood made from the mightiest of trees, that is planted today!" Irish Toast

A journey west to the town of Dingle, had the two cars stopping at the beach to witness the mighty blowing winds & overcast clouds challenge the two surfing classes in training. Each student in their "warm suit" intently focused on the instructions from the surf-teacher, sitting on the beach shivering. Oh Dingle, we love you already and we still have another 40 minute drive to the center of town.

A brilliant idea that we acted upon: Hire tour guide Colm to show us around the Slea Head Loop, and enjoy his stories and the beauty which is Dingle Peninsula. His oversize 8-person taxi was equipped with a sound system that allowed the third-seat passenger to enjoy all of Collum's stories.

Off we go without a clue that the overcast skies were going to part, allowing the bluesky sunshine to highlight the magnificent coastlines, movie sets, 15 century churches and headstones, and the Marriage Rock!

Many movies, did you know, have been filmed in this region, and its no wonder, those sight-searching producers know magic when they see it! Far & Away (Tom & Nicole), Star Wars (current and the previous), Harry Potter (one of the movies, can't recall which one), Marley & Me (Jennifer and Owen's honeymoon scenes) and my mostest-fav irish actors, Brendan Gleeson in The Guard.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb