Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
March 22nd 2012
Published: March 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

I'm sorry that I havent written about this earlier! I have been so busy with school work and time is just flying by!

Last Wednesday (March 14) I went to Ireland. I left pretty late at night, so we didnt get to our hotel until about 11:30. It was actually kind of funny, because when we got to the airport and asked when the next bus to Galway is they said that it was at 8:00 the next morning. We slightly paniced, but because we had five people it cost just as much to take a cab.

The next morning we got up very early and went into town. We were lucky because the tour company brought a bus to our hotel to pick us up for free! we made friends with the bus driver on the way to get the rest of the tour group. We drove into the country and everything the tour guide had to say was very interesting. It is almost impossible to tell you everywhere that we went that day! We went to tons of places, most just unmarked on the side of the road in the countryside. What supprised me the most about it was that a lot of these historical points were not marked or preserved. I feel like in America anytime there is anything old it either costs money to see, or it has been preserved or has protection around it. In Ireland there were tombs all over as well as old houses and castles. It really amazed me how casual this history was to them.

The main attraction on the tour was the cliffs of Moher. They had filmed a scene from Harry Potter and the Princess Bride here! It was so beautiful to see. It really was unreal to see these massive cliffs. It was raining but we jumped the barrier (everyone was doing it). We got some amazing pictures and it was just so great to see this wonder. We also ate at a local resturant in a small town. I got seafood chowder, and it was one of the best meals that I have ever eaten. So great!!



For now I will leave you with that, but I will continue my Ireland story later today!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

CastleCastle
Castle

This is one of the most visited castles in Ireland
AbbyAbby
Abby

There were very small doors
FoodFood
Food

This was one of the best meals ever!
A chicken!A chicken!
A chicken!

This chicken made friends with our tour bus


22nd March 2012

St. Patrick's Day Trip
Great pics! Patrick is very jealous that you got to be in Ireland for St. Patrick's Day week. You will have to give us tips for when we eventually get there someday. What are you doing for your big birthday??

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb