Driving Nightmare


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
August 8th 2006
Published: September 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We endured our night at the Travelodge and figured out how to take a bus into the Dublin city centre to pick up our rental car. We picked up the car and the fun began. Drive on left side of the road, sit on the right side, shift with left hand - what a nightmare!

We slowly drove back to the Travelodge and picked up our stuff. With me driving and Karen navigating, we slowly and white knuckledly (is that a word?) made it across country to Headford, where we would be staying for a few days. Headford is a small village about 20 kms north of Galway. The house belongs to John Power, the brother of Karen's friend Liam. Liam runs the soccer camps that Jack has attended. John does the same in the Galway area. The house is brand new, unfinished, no hot water yet. But it does have beds for us and is free.

We were met by John and his girlfriend Catherine. They are not really living there yet. Once we had settled in, Karen, Jack and I walked into the village and had dinner at the Angler's Rest Hotel and Pub - surprisingly decent food.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb