Dublin1stNight2ndDay


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
May 31st 2006
Published: June 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Ireland/Spain 2006

Pensacola,U.S. - Dublin, Ireland

Dublin1Dublin1Dublin1

Globetrotters Hostel
After some shopping..and resting, we headed out to Taylor's Irish Night. Unfortunately, we got off the bus at the wrong place and had to walk a couple miles, finally catch a Taxi, but arrived almost on time. The food was great and the entertainment even better! The Merry Ploughboys sure could play and sing (Leon would have loved this!) and the Taylor's Irish dancers were also great. Somehow or other, I let Manoli convince me to accept the offer to dance with one of the young ladies (pic included).

Wednesday, we took the Tour Bus around Dublin, and then stopped at a few places. The Guinness Storehouse tour was excellent, and eventhough the complimentary beer was probably very good, we didn't care for it. On the other hand, the Old Jameson Distellery tour was good, and so was their Irish Whiskey. We both had it with Cranberry juice and it tasted very good that way. Both of us wished we'd tried it straight.

Some tips on the above: Taylor's Irish Night was well worth the money, but either pay for a taxi (it's a long ways from Dublin center) or make sure you get bus 16 and tell the
Dublin2Dublin2Dublin2

Molly Malone
driver to let you off at the "3rd to last stop" on Grange Rd. Both the Dublin Pass and Dublin Tours sightseeing bus tour were good, but you need more than one day to make good use of them!

Well, we get our rental car tomorrow and hit the Irish pavement, so we'll get back tomorrow night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Old JamesonOld Jameson
Old Jameson

Manoli & J.C. at Old Jameson Distellery
Brave JCBrave JC
Brave JC

JC dancing with Taylor's Irish dancer.
Guinness BabeGuinness Babe
Guinness Babe

Manoli at waterfall in Guinness Storehouse


2nd June 2006

sweet!
Looks like you both are having a blast. Dad, props to you for the dancing. lol. Ya'll look happy, glad ya'll are enjoying yourselves! Mom...Guiness babe...haha. :o) Well, goin to go work on my tallow project...take tons of pictures and havea great time..peace out.

Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb