'Failte' to The Adventures of Mark & Theresa's Journey in Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
April 3rd 2011
Published: April 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our Journey...Our Journey...Our Journey...

...map of Ireland with all of our drive-thrus and destinations
Well it all begins here......From Dublin to Wicklow, to Glendalough (and"Johnny Foxes" pub), to Arklow, to Kilkenny, to Cork(and Cobh, where the Titanic shipped out), to Kinsale, to Kilarney (biking through Kilarney National Park), to Clare (Spanish Point and the Cliffs of Moher), to Galway (and The Burren), to Westport (to climb the Croagh Patrick Mountain)....and MANY quaint and beautiful little towns in between. Then back to Dublin....in just 8 days and 7 nights...........put simply......BREATHTAKING!

Not only that but the weather was terrific. According to the locals, they were in for 3 weeks of sun. We did have a bit of cloud and it only rained overnight but cleared up early in the a.m...lucky us!

I highly recommend this trip, by car and in spring (leaves on the trees would block all the glorious views), to EVERYONE. Mark was the most amazing driver. He clocked 100kph (avg) on the two lane, small and ever so winding roadways throughout the country, with the speed, eloquence, control and grace of Sebastien Vettel (must be the German blood). Please note, Mark does NOT come with your holiday, you will have to provide your own race car driver.

Seven days and nights
Mark driving...Mark driving...Mark driving...

...for the first time...stick shift AND the steering wheel on the OTHER side
together was wonderful also, since we have been living apart for 8 months now. God only knows, there were a couple of times we wanted to dump each other out of the car, mainly due to my inattentive navigating at times (I couldn't help it the sights were sooo distracting - plus, I was navigator, photographer AND bartender....non-alcoholic of course) ...and yet there were MANY more where we laughed so hard we almost......well you know. It was difficult to say goodbye after such an amazing holiday together.

When reviewing our carefully chosen pictures on this entry, please pay attention to the comments for each. We took an average of 2,100 pictures on this trip. Of course it was impossible to load them all on here (only a mere 278 on here, plus I didn't want to overwhelm you...yet I am confident they will not bore you), so the ones I chose to share, will be those most precious for both of us.

The landscape, food, scenery, history, faith, and people we wonderful. The people we met along the way welcomed us,were eager to help, kind and inspirational....despite the tough economic times they are currently battling through.

I truly hope you enjoy the memory of our holiday with us. I'm STILL smiling. I sincerely doubt that any future journey/adventure, will measure up to this....ever.

xo

P.S. Next BLOG entry....while Ashley visits me in Abu Dhabi for one month in late April. Can't wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 278, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

A "slip"..A "slip"..
A "slip"..

...lots of these quaint little alleyways they call "slips" with names, unlike our alleys at home
Mark and I inside at the bar....Mark and I inside at the bar....
Mark and I inside at the bar....

...our very first of many "cheers' to our holiday
Our first "friends", Sarah and Leo...Our first "friends", Sarah and Leo...
Our first "friends", Sarah and Leo...

... from England (Sarah originally from Belfast). Leo was the guy who sparked Mark into the mission of finding Johnny Fox..the oldest pub in Ireland, sitting high on a mountain top in Ireland (Glendalough)...detour #1...lol
Awwww.....Awwww.....
Awwww.....

..so quaint!
Our second cheers....at dinner...Our second cheers....at dinner...
Our second cheers....at dinner...

...to Melany, Marks sis for giving him the free airline ticket with her stored up airmiles....luv her!!
Cool looking pub...Cool looking pub...
Cool looking pub...

.....pub stop #2 or was it #3, or #4????????
Me with the guys...lolMe with the guys...lol
Me with the guys...lol

Day two in Dublin touring and moving on later to Wicklow
Glad I wasn;t REALLY part of this family...Glad I wasn;t REALLY part of this family...
Glad I wasn;t REALLY part of this family...

....the Leonard family, during the potato famine
Statue of MaryStatue of Mary
Statue of Mary

Statues and monuments similar to this are randomly everywhere in Ireland...I love it!
Mark only had one driving flaw....Mark only had one driving flaw....
Mark only had one driving flaw....

...he kept forgetting to drive on the left ...lol...a few close calls!


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb